We are in constant need of volunteers, and welcome
any and all help you may have to offer. Due to our "steady stream"
of rescues, our most imminent need is for foster homes. But there are
many other ways you can help too ..... they are listed below.
We are in dire need of foster homes. You can help by housing a rescued Boston Terrier on a temporary basis for whatever period of time you may have available. Most of our rescues are with us for an average of 45 days. If you have room to foster, please email us for further information. All rescues are examined by our vet, given all shots and vaccinations, "quarantined" for the requisite amount of time to determine if they have any illnesses; then bathed and put on heartworm and flea preventative prior to going into their foster homes. We cover all medical expenses - all you need to provide is food, water, shelter and LOTS OF LOVE!!!
Volunteers are always needed in so many different areas. In addition to those listed here, we welcome creative input on other ways to help. Some of the many activities we need help with are:
* Prior to or on the morning of adoption days and special events, we need help with getting the rescues "all pretty" - bathing them, cleaning their ears, filing their nails, and other primping.
* Warm bodies are also needed to man the booth at our adoption days and special events. We provide handouts and pamphlets describing our group, along with updated information on available rescues. We love "family reunions" and always welcome our adopters and their rescued "kiddoes" out to our special events.
*We need volunteers in other areas of the city and state to assist in the pick-up and transport of Boston Terriers into rescue. We have rescued Boston Terriers from Austin, Bay City, Baytown, Beaumont, Bryan, Clear Lake, Cleveland, College Station, Colleyville, Conroe, Crosby, Dallas, Fort Worth, Galveston, Houston, Irving, League City, Lufkin, Montgomery, Pasadena, Spring, Stafford, Sugar Land, The Woodlands and Texas City. With so much territory to cover, we welcome volunteers from any locale.
* Processing adoption applications is another huge need for us as we receive new applications 7 days a week. The sooner that we can approve new adopters, the sooner that the rescues can get into their forever homes. We receive applications from around the United States and Canada, so out-of-state volunteers are also welcomed! We have typed formats to follow if you can assist with this need.
* Doing home visits for potential adopters is another much-needed area of volunteerism for our group. We have typed checklists for home visits also.
* If you are able to post flyers at pet stores and veterinarians in
your area, we can send a supply to you. Also, if your local pet stores
donate broken bags of food or other dog items, we accept those as well!
We welcome donations of any doggie items, including food, treats, toys,
clean blankets, towels and bedding. Donations of Heartgard Plus blue
and Frontline flea preventative are most welcome, as are things like
laundry detergent, mops, brooms and cleaning supplies. And of course,
cash is always welcome! We have an account set up for the rescues at
Paypal.com, with the email address of firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to donate your time and talent to a worthy cause, please contact us. We promise your rewards will be heartwarming and tenfold when you look into a rescue's eyes and see that love staring back at you. Thank you from all of us at Boston Terrier Rescue of Greater Houston.
Copyright © 2002 Graphic Design by Shangrila, All Rights Reserved.